Bacon & avocado frittata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs , beaten
- 1 large avocado , halved, stoned, peeled and cut into chunky slices
- 1 small red chilli , finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 200g bag mixed salad leaves (we used watercress, rocket & spinach)
- 12 baby plum tomatoes , halved
- STEP 1
Heat a 24cm non-stick ovenproof pan and fry the bacon rashers in batches on a high heat until cooked through and crisp. Chop 4 roughly and break the other 4 into large pieces. Set aside on kitchen paper and clean the pan.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to high. Warm 1 tbsp oil in the pan. Season the eggs, add the chopped bacon and pour into the pan. Cook on a low heat for around 8 mins or until almost set. Arrange the avocado slices and bacon shards on top. Grill briefly for about 4 mins until set.
- STEP 3
Mix the remaining oil, the chilli, mustard, vinegar and seasoning in a large bowl. Toss in the salad leaves and tomatoes. Serve alongside the frittata, cut into wedges.