- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 6 eggs, beaten
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 1 large avocado, halved, stoned, peeled and cut into chunky slices
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 200g bag mixed salad leaves (we used watercress, rocket & spinach)
- 12 baby plum tomatoes, halved
Heat a 24cm non-stick ovenproof pan and fry the bacon rashers in batches on a high heat until cooked through and crisp. Chop 4 roughly and break the other 4 into large pieces. Set aside on kitchen paper and clean the pan.
Heat the grill to high. Warm 1 tbsp oil in the pan. Season the eggs, add the chopped bacon and pour into the pan. Cook on a low heat for around 8 mins or until almost set. Arrange the avocado slices and bacon shards on top. Grill briefly for about 4 mins until set.
Mix the remaining oil, the chilli, mustard, vinegar and seasoning in a large bowl. Toss in the salad leaves and tomatoes. Serve alongside the frittata, cut into wedges.