Prosciutto and onion bread
Member recipe by tweety_anja
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- 1 dsp dry yeast
- 250ml warm water
- 250g strong plain flour
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 200g prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil, for greasing
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Place the flour, 2 tbsp oil, vinegar and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, pour in the water and yeast and process until it forms a smooth dough and leaves the sides of the processor bowl clean. Turn out into a large floured bowl and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat the remaining oil in a medium-sized frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat, allow to cool and add the fresh sage leaves. Season with pepper.
- Roll out the dough until it is 2cm thick, then spread with the filling, leaving a 2cm border. Roll up bread like a swiss roll and pinch the edges together.
- Transfer to an oiled baking tin and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven 200C/ Gas 6.
- Place a baking tray filled with boiling water in the bottom of the oven and bake the bread for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.