These little harmonicas are made from wooden lolly sticks and can make an impressive sound for their size! Kids and adults alike will enjoy playing with these – a lovely afternoon project for the family.
How to make a harmonica
15 mins, plus drying time
You will need
- Non-toxic paint
- Elastic bands
- Greaseproof paper
- Lolly sticks
- Wooden matchsticks or toothpicks
- Pencil and ruler
- Paint two lolly sticks on both sides and allow to dry.
- Cut a piece of greaseproof paper the same width and length as the lolly sticks and place between them.
- Cut the matchsticks to about 2cm long and lay one vertically between the sticks and greaseproof at one end. Wrap an elastic band around the lolly sticks, going either side of the matchstick to secure in place.
- To finish, repeat step 3 at the other end of the lolly stick. To use, blow through the small gap between the lolly sticks.