Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A succulent steak sitting on a creamy mustardy mushroom sauce. YUM in my tum!
- 1 Large Steak
- 100g Mushrooms
- 1tsp English Mustard
- 1tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1/2 Beef Stock Cube
- 200ml Hot Water
- 2tbs Crème Fraîche
- Olive Oil
- STEP 1Season and drizzle oil onto your steak. I find the steak cooks better when it has been sat at room temperature so I would suggest taking the steak out of the fridge an hour before cooking.
- STEP 2Heat a frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the steak, oil side down. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes to develop a lovely brown crust.
- STEP 3Chop the mushrooms into nice big chunks or thick slices.
- STEP 4Now flip your steak and cook on the other side. Once the steak is browned, take out of the pan and set aside to rest.
- STEP 5Lower the heat of the frying pan slightly, it will have oil in the pan from the fat of the steak (yum) and add the mushrooms and allow them to sit and brown (shaking releases water and who likes a stewed mushroom). Flip the mushrooms after a couple of minutes and then add the mustard.
- STEP 6Now add the water and stock cube, stirring to help dissolve.
- STEP 7Add the crème fraîche and heat through and slice the steak.
- STEP 8Serve together with rice and greens.