- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 150ml low-sodium beef or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, or vegetarian alternative
- 3 tbsp half-fat soured cream
- small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- 250g pouch cooked wild rice
- STEP 1
Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and soften the onion for about 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Add the paprika and garlic, then cook for 1 min more. Add the mushrooms and cook on a high heat, stirring often, for about 5 mins.
- STEP 3
Pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, bubble for 5 mins until the sauce thickens, then turn off the heat and stir through the soured cream and most of the parsley. Make sure the pan is not on the heat or the sauce may split.
- STEP 4
Heat the wild rice following pack instructions, then stir through the remaining chopped parsley and serve with the stroganoff.