Smoky bacon pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A lovely smoky bacon pasta with a bit of spice.
- 1Large onion finely chopped
- 4 finely chopped Garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped Red chilli
- 2 cans 400G chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon tomato puree
- tea spoon oregano
- tea spoon ground coriander
- Tablespoon smoked paprika
- leaves of 2 rosemary sprigs finely chopped
- 6-8 Rashers streaky bacon
- Tea spoon dark brown sugar
- 500g Penne pasta (use as reqd)
- grated Cheese (i used cathedral city)
- STEP 1Heat a Large frying pan of oil, place the chopped streaky bacon in to the pan and fry on a medium-high heat until the bacon is golden crispy
- STEP 2lower the heat to just below medium and add the Large finely chopped onion, 4 finely chopped garlic cloves and the finely chopped leaves of 2 rosemary sprigs for around ten minutes or until the onion has turned golden and soft.Throw in the chopped chillis for two minutes.
- STEP 3Add the 2 cans chopped tomatoes, and break up the chunks as best as possible, add the tea spoon oregano, tea spoon ground corriander, table spoon smoked paprika, table spoon tomatoe puree and a tea spoon dark brown sugar. Stir and bring to boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer
- STEP 4cook the pasta in a seperate pan, while cooking the pasta keep an eye on the sauce and stir occasionally, adding a bit of water if its getting too thick, add some salt and pepper to the sauce. Once pasta is ready, drain and add to the sauce. Stir in the pasta and increase the heat to medium high.
- STEP 5grate some cheese on top of the sauce then stir in, cook until the sauce is thickened and the cheese has melted in to the sauce and serve up