Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Tagine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This hearty vegetable tagine doused in Moroccan spices goes down well at any point of the year with the option of using up all your leftover vegetables...
- 325g Potatoes, Chopped (Leave skin on)
- 1 Red or White Onion, Finely Sliced
- 2 Carrots, Finely Sliced
- 1 Pepper, Sliced (Any colour)
- 150g Broccoli, Chopped
- 175g Mushrooms, Sliced
- 75g Any Leftover Veg, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 400ml Vegetable Stock
- 4 tsp Moroccan Spice (Schwartz)
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 150g Basmati Rice
- STEP 1Heat your tagine base on a medium heat on the hob and add the oil. Once up to temperature, tip in the onion, mushrooms and pepper until lightly browned.
- STEP 2Turn down the heat to low and tip in the rest of the vegetables, cover with the tagine lid and cook until vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally. Whilst this is happening, make the vegetable stock in a separate jug and stir in the corn flour.
- STEP 3When the vegetables have softened, stir in the Moroccan spice and cook covered for a further few minutes, then tip in the vegetable stock and corn flour. Cook and cover, on a simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes before the end, cook the rice (follow the packet instructions). Then serve either from the tagine on the table or dish up separately with the rice.