Vegetable & bean chilli
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- ginger , finely chopped
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 courgettes , diced
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp chilli powder
- 100g red lentils , washed and drained
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 2x cans chopped tomatoes
- 195g can sweetcorn , drained
- 420g can butter beans , drained
- 400g can kidney beans in water, drained
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the garlic, ginger, onion, courgettes and peppers for about 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the chilli powder and cook for 1 min more.
- STEP 2
Stir in the lentils, tomato purée, tomatoes and 250ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 mins.
- STEP 3
Add the sweetcorn and beans, and cook for a further 10 mins.