Vegan mayonnaise!! Egg and dairy free!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Leave to chill for half hour before use.
- Makes 350ml approx
After many moons experimenting with diffrent combinations.....this is simple, easy and healthy! Makes a great base for tartar sauce. Just add chopped capers, shallots, lemon juice, tarragon, dill and bung in the fridge to to get to know one and another. Serve with any Vegan fish cakes, fingers etc.
- 1/2 cup soya milk unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black sea salt (or to taste for egginess)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 3/4 cup of plain oil, rapeseed or plain vegetable oil
- STEP 1Place all of the ingredients into a blender apart from the oil on a high setting until they are all mixed well and broken down.
- STEP 2Scrape down the sides of the blender to get any loose bits back in the mix.
- STEP 3Switch back on blender on a high setting and VERY slowly add the oil, almost drip by drip or a stream no wider than a pencil lead!! Be patient !!! Check consistency. If you like it runnier, leave it, thicker, add more oil.Stop occasionally to test for seasoning.
- STEP 4Transfer to a clean sterilized jar or bowl and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.