Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Flat Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Leave to rest.
- Makes 2 x 7 inch Round.
Quick, easy to make Flat Bread.
- 100g Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 55g Water
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nigella Seeds (optional)
- STEP 1Weigh the flour into a bowl, add the water, seeds (if using) and salt. Mix and knead until well combined. Divide dough into two equal pieces, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- STEP 2When you are ready to make the flat breads, heat a large frying pan on a hot heat. Meanwhile, lightly flour the work surface, using a rolling pin, roll each piece to about 7".
- STEP 3Dry fry each side until gently browned, pressing down on flat bread throughout the cooking. Best served immediately.