Roasted Plums on toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A healthy seasonal pudding great with clotted cream or ice cream
- 30g unsalted butter softened
- 2 slices thick crusty white bloomer bread
- 6 plums, halved and stones removed
- vanilla pod
- honey or maple syrup
- STEP 1Preheat oven 180 C. Lightly grease a baking dish with a little of the butter, then spread a more onto both sides of the bread. Put the bread in the dish and arrange the plums on top, cut side up.
- STEP 2Slit the vanilla pod longways and scrape out the seeds, combine them with the remaining butter, smear all over the plums. Drizzle the honey or maple syrup over. Put the empty vanilla pods on top of the plums.
- STEP 3Bake for 25 - 35 minutes until plums are cooked and bread is golden, keep an eye on your dish, it will turn quick. Serve with cream, ice cream or greek yoghurt