Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE PUDDING
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A sticky, chocolate dessert that's the perfect end to a Sunday lunch or family meal
- 150 g good quality dark chocolate
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml warm water
- 110 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 25 g self-raising flour
- sieved pinches of cream of tartar icing sugar, to dust
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Heat the chocolate, butter, vanilla, water and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, take off the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- STEP 2Separate the eggs, whisk the yolks into the chocolate mixture and fold in the sieved flour. In a separate dry, clean bowl whisk the egg whites with a pinch of cream of tarter until it forms stiff peaks.
- STEP 3Gently fold this into the chocolate mixture and pour into a 1.2 litre pie dish or 6 individual dishes.
- STEP 4Put in a bain marie and cook for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 170C/ gas 3 - 4 and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. The pudding should be firm on top but still fudgy underneath.
- STEP 5Cool a little and dredge with icing sugar. Serve with lightly whipped cream.