Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
The Easter Bunny's Traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Set in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- Serves 20
A very indulgent treat which is perfect for all the family to get involved in making. Fun, colourful and easter themed ingredients ; including mini eggs and melted marshmallows to make a white chocolate, easter themed rocky road traybake. Of course this can be a year round treat also by simply replacing the cadburys mini eggs with alternatives like smarties! The base of this recipe was inspired by Sainsbury's Mini Egg Rocky Road Bites but instead using custard creams and cherries for extra malty and sweet flavours - No oven required
- Custard Cream Biscuits Crushed - 100g
- White Chocolate (MilkyBar) - 400g
- Cadbury's 'Mini Eggs' - 1 packet (90g)
- Mini Marshmallows - 150g
- Glace Cherries - about a handful, cut into halves
- STEP 1Pre-measure all of your ingredients you will need into bowls before you start so that they are ready to go (Blue Peter Style). Line a rectangular 18cm x 18cm (or as close to) cake/brownie tin with non-stick paper or clingfilm. Set aside.
- STEP 2Place your broken white chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, keeping and eye on it and stirring frequently until completely melted and smooth. Once melted, remove your melted chocolate from the heat and tip the broken custard cream's, mini marshmallows, halved glace cherries and the majority of your mini eggs in. Give it a good stir with a spatula!
- STEP 3Once combined, pour your mixture into your prepared, lined tin. Even your mixture out with a spatula making sure it is evenly spread and mostly level. Once happy, pop the remaining mini eggs evenly over the top pushing in slightly with your hands or the back of a spoon for extra decoration.
- STEP 4Place in the fridge to chill for around 1-2 hours (3 to be properly set) and slice into the desired size of squares.