- 2 red onions (320g), sliced across into rings
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 300g potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin and any fat removed
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 200g long stem broccoli, stem cut into lengths if very thick
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the onion, pepper, potatoes and oil in a non-stick roasting tin and toss everything together. Roast for 15 mins while you rub the chicken with the lime zest, garlic, paprika and thyme. Take the veg from the oven, stir, then snuggle the chicken thighs among the veg, covering them with some of the onions so they don’t dry out as it roasts for 40 mins.
As you approach the end of the cooking time, mix 200ml boiling water with the bouillon powder. Take the roasting tin from the oven, add the broccoli to the tin, and pour over the hot stock followed by the lime juice, then quickly cover with the foil and put back in the oven for 10 more mins until the broccoli is just tender.
Sign up to our Healthy Diet PlanThis recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best!