Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pan-fried pork, mushroom sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Really nice and easy recipe, with a healthy point of view
- 15 baby carrots
- 350g baby new potatoes
- 2 medium red onions
- 350g Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 125g lean pork loin steaks
- 300g mushrooms
- 0.5 cup reduced salt chicken stock
- 0.25 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoonfuls chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 C. Place carrots (trimmed and peeled), potatoes (halved or quartered), and onions (wedges) on the tray and spray with olive oil. Bake veggies for 20 minutes. Add the sprouts to the tray; spray with a little more oil. Bake for a further 25 - 30 minutes, or until veggies are golden and tender
- STEP 2Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cook pork for 4 minutes on each side, or until,cooked to your liking. Transfer to plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- STEP 3Add remaining oil to same pan and return to medium heat. Sauté leek (halved and thinly sliced) for 5 minutes or until softened. Increase heat, add mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden . Add stock and simmer until reduced by half. Stir through the sour cream and half herbs. Season with pepper.
- STEP 4Return pork to pan simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until pork is warmed. serve pork with mushroom sauce and roasted vegetables Sprinkle with remaining herbs