Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Elliott's Easy Chocy Pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Only 15 minutes of your time will be taken up making this recipe!
- Serves 2
A versatile chocolate pudding for those with little time to create something tasty and exciting by using up everything in the cupboard!
For the Pudding:
- 80g Plain Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Butter
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- Handful of Chopped Dark Chocolate (Optional)
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Boiling Water
- To Serve:
Chocolatey Creme Fraiche:
- 2 tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- STEP 1Weigh out the Sugar and Butter together, add to your mixing bowl and cream together.
- STEP 2Add the Flour, Baking Powder, Cocoa, Egg, Vanilla Extract and chopped chocolate and then mix together. If very thick, add a little water.
- STEP 3Now make your sauce in a small deep bowl (Any average bowl will do, something that you would put your cereal in and something that can go in the Microwave) Mix the Cocoa and Sugar together and add the water, stiring constantly till it becomes thick. Add the mixture to this bowl and cover with cling film. You could leave a space in the middle and add a little Nutella for melt-in-the-middle style.
- STEP 4Place in the Microwave and depending on the power, cook on high for 2 and a half to 3 and a half minutes with the latter being the lower watt microwave.
- STEP 5When the pudding is done, put aside for a minute or two while you make the Creme Fraiche- simply melt your chocolate in the microwave for 1-1 and a half minutes and then add your Creme Fraiche. Tip out your pudding and serve with the tangy Creme Fraiche. Heaven!
- STEP 6Please Note: You can chop and change this and replace the Chocolate sauce with Lemon Curd or Toffee Sauce and exclude the Cocoa and use 100g Flour. You can also make this pudding less fattening with Olive Oil Spread and instead of flour you could use Ground Almonds.