Chicken Noodle Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Homemade chicken noodle soup
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 3 celery sticks chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1-2 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1-2 tbsp parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- egg noodles
- STEP 1Chop up about 3 medium sized carrots, 3 celery sticks, and one yellow onion.
- STEP 2Put oil or butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the vegetables and cook until the onions are translucent -- about 7 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the cooked, shredded chicken and as much water as you like depending on how condensed you want the soup to be (don't forget you'll be adding noodles at the end so might want more water than you think, but you can always add more water at any time).
- STEP 4Add about 3 Knorr chicken stock cubes, plus parsley, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 5Simmer on low heat for about an hour, until the veggies are tender. Then add egg noodles of your choice. Put in as little or as much as you want depending on how noodley you want it.
- STEP 6Once noodles are cooked the soup is done!