- 1 tbsp honey
Honey is made by bees from the nectar they collect from flowers. Viscous and fragrant, it's…
- 3 tbsp dark soy
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1l chicken stock (ideally from our pot-roast recipe)
- 80g leftover roast chicken (optional)
While it's the traditional Christmas bird, turkey is good to eat all year round, though…
- 20g pickled pink ginger or normal ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 300g pouch straight-to-wok thick noodles
- 4 spring onions, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
Drizzle the honey over the base of a large saucepan and bubble briefly to a caramel, then splash in the soy, bubble, add half the chilli and the chicken stock and simmer for 5 mins.
Add the chicken, if using, and ginger, and simmer for another 5 mins. Stir in the cabbage and noodles and cook until just wilted and the noodles have heated through. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle over the remaining chilli and the spring onions.