One-pot Chinese chicken noodle soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp dark soy
- 1 red chilli , sliced
- 1l chicken stock
- 80g leftover roast chicken (optional)
- 20g pickled pink ginger or normal ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ Chinese cabbage , shredded
- 300g pouch straight-to-wok thick noodles
- 4 spring onions , sliced
- STEP 1
Drizzle the honey over the base of a large saucepan and bubble briefly to a caramel, then splash in the soy, bubble, add half the chilli and the chicken stock and simmer for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Add the chicken, if using, and ginger, and simmer for another 5 mins. Stir in the cabbage and noodles and cook until just wilted and the noodles have heated through. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle over the remaining chilli and the spring onions.