Short Crust Pastry (Sandie's recipe)
- Preparation and cooking time
- May need longer if cooking a larger pie to ensure it is cooked in the middle
- Serves 1
Short Crust Pastry as it should be. Double the ingredients for making more pastry.Cut the fat into cubes and rub into the flour and salt until like bread crumbs. You can do this in a food processor or even a mixer
- 8oz Self Raising Flour (or Gluten Free Flour)
- 6oz Fat (4oz lard and 2oz unsalted butter)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons icy cold water
- 2 tablespoons icy cold milk
- STEP 1Cut the fat into cubes and rub into the flour and salt until like bread crumbs. You can do this in a food processor or even a mixer.
- STEP 2Add the water and milk and mix again, to form a dough
- STEP 3Shape into a ball and cover with cling film and put in fridge for 30mins for the fat to solidify.
- STEP 4Then on a lightly floured tray roll out into the shapes you require.