Short Crust Pastry (Sandie's recipe)
- Preparation and cooking time
- May need longer if cooking a larger pie to ensure it is cooked in the middle
- Serves 1
- 8oz Self Raising Flour (or Gluten Free Flour)
- 6oz Fat (4oz lard and 2oz unsalted butter)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons icy cold water
- 2 tablespoons icy cold milk
- STEP 1Cut the fat into cubes and rub into the flour and salt until like bread crumbs. You can do this in a food processor or even a mixer.
- STEP 2Add the water and milk and mix again, to form a dough
- STEP 3Shape into a ball and cover with cling film and put in fridge for 30mins for the fat to solidify.
- STEP 4Then on a lightly floured tray roll out into the shapes you require.