Tastiest Gluten-Free Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 10 minutes cooling time
- Makes Cookies
A slightly fruitier version of the traditional chocolate chip cookie, this gluten-free, light and crunchy cookie is given its zing by the combination of apple sauce and chocolate chips.
- 130g Doves Farm Gluten-Free Plain Flour
- 30g Gluten-Free Oats (1 sachet Scott's Easy Oats)
- 70g Brown Sugar
- 55g Butter
- 100g Bramley Apple Sauce
- 50g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 25g White Chocolate Chips
- Hint of Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/fan. Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- STEP 2Mix together the flour, baking powder, oats and ginger. Set aside.
- STEP 3In another bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, apple sauce and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the flour mixture until the two mixtures have been combined.
- STEP 4Add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- STEP 5Spoon tablespoon-sized balls of the mixture onto the baking tray leaving around a 3cm gap between each cookie.
- STEP 6Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the top of the cookies are firm to touch. The cookies will be small and crunchy, this means they are ready.
- STEP 7Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for ten minutes.