Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pumpkin and Rosemary muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 large muffins
Pumpkin adds an earthy sweetness to these wonderfully moist savoury muffins.
- 60ml/2fl oz vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 180g/6½oz self-raising flour
- 130g/4½oz wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 100ml/4fl oz plain yoghurt
- 275ml/10fl oz milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 240g/8½oz cooked pumpkin, cut into ½cm/¼in cubes + handful pumpkin seeds
- STEP 1Method Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Oil a 12-hole muffin tin and line with 12 squares of baking paper. Push the squares down into each hole so that the paper sticks up.
- STEP 2Sift the flours, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the salt and rosemary. (Reserve any wholegrain left in the sieve.)
- STEP 3Meanwhile in another bowl, mix the eggs, yoghurt, milk, honey and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold the ingredients together, but be careful not to over-work the mixture. Stir in most of the pumpkin, reserving a little for the top of the muffins.
- STEP 4Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Sprinkle the reserved wholegrain, pumpkin and the pumpkin seeds over the muffins. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20–25 minutes, or until the muffins are well risen and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Serve and eat at any time of the day.