- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (or 2 tsp pumpkin spice)
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 200g pumpkin purée (from a can or homemade – see 'goes well with' below)
- 2 large eggs
- 125g slightly salted butter, melted
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and both sugars together in a large bowl. Break up any lumps of brown sugar by rubbing them between your fingers.
- STEP 2
Whisk the purée and eggs together in a jug, then add to the dry ingredients with the melted butter. Whisk for 1-2 mins with an electric hand whisk until just combined.
- STEP 3
Bake for 15 mins until golden and risen and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely. Will keep for three days in an airtight container.