Smoked salmon omelette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
A perfect omelette with smoked salmon.
- 3 free-range eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15g/½oz unsalted butter
- 40g/1½oz smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp olive oil
- STEP 1Gently beat the eggs together in a mixing bowl and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 2Heat the butter in an omelette pan until foaming. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook for a few seconds, until the bottom of the omelette is lightly set.
- STEP 3Push the set parts of the omelette into the uncooked centre of the omelette. Cook again, until the omelette has set further, then push the set parts into the centre of the omelette again.
- STEP 4Repeat the process until the eggs have just set but the omelette is still soft in the centre.
- STEP 5Place two-thirds of the smoked salmon into the centre of the omelette and cook for 30 seconds.
- STEP 6Remove from the heat and tilt the pan slightly to move the omelette to the edge of the pan. Slide the omelette onto a serving plate, then shape it into a neat roll. Brush the omelette with olive oil and serve.