Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Garlic Pork with Roasted Veg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A twist on the classic roast, cooking the pork with garlic, onion, carrots and parsnips.
- 450-550g of pork tenderloin, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed (depending on taste)
- 4 carrots, cut into sticks
- 2-3 parsnips, cut into sticks
- 350 ml of chicken stock/gravy
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt & pepper
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180/gas 6.
- STEP 2Add the olive oil to a large frying pan (or hob safe deep oven dish) and add the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 3Next add the carrots and parsnips. After 2-3 minutes add the pork and brown on both sides for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Season well and add the mixed herbs.
- STEP 5Add the chicken stock/gravy and let it boil. Then reduce heat and let simmer for five minutes.
- STEP 6Transfer to a deep oven tray and place in the oven for 35-45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- STEP 7Remove from the oven and leave to rest for several minutes. Serve with roast potatoes.