Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
20 Minute Tofu and Shiitake Satay
- Preparation and cooking time
- (plus 15 mins marinating time)
- Serves 4
This recipe is a tasty way to serve Tofu for a quick and easy supper.
- 250g block of tofu
- 75ml rice vinegar
- 75ml Thai Taste fish sauce
- 1 tsp Thai Taste red chilli paste
- 3 tbsp Thai Taste palm sugar
- 150g shittake mushrooms
- 1 pack Thai Taste sticky rice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 25g salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 jar Thai Taste satay peanut sauce
- STEP 1Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- STEP 2Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes.
- STEP 3Mix the rice vinegar, fish sauce, chilli paste and sugar together and place in a shallow bowl. Add the tofu and mushrooms and stir well until everything is coated. Leave for 15 mins to marinate.
- STEP 4Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water.
- STEP 5Meanwhile cook the Thai Taste sticky rice as directed on the pack.
- STEP 6Thread tofu and mushrooms alternately onto wooden skewers, leaving the marinade in the dish.
- STEP 7Lightly oil a griddle pan and fry the skewers for 2-3 mins on each side until golden.
- STEP 8Heat the satay sauce in a small pan and add the marinade, bring to the boil and serve alongside the satay sprinkled with chopped peanuts .