- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 16
A popular and easy traybake that doesn't take long and doesn't require an oven! Adapt as you fancy by adding extra ingredients (e.g. cherries, raisens, nuts, honeycomb, toffee etc) or toppings.
- 100g hard margarine
- 3 level tablespoons golden syrup
- 25g drinking chocolate
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 225g crushed digestive biscuits
- 175g plain/milk chocolate
- STEP 1Line a shallow 7x11inch tin with baking paper (foil works too but can be harder to peel off at the end).
- STEP 2Put the syrup, margarine and drinking chocolate into a pan and heat until the margarine has melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- STEP 3Stir in the marshmallows and crushed biscuits, then mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into the tin and spread pressing down with a spoon, then chill until firm.
- STEP 4Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water, or in the microwave. Spread this evenly over the base and again chill before peeling off the paper and cutting into pieces.