Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten Free Toad In The Hole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A really delicious gluten free and dairy free toad in the hole recipe that brings back happy childhood memories, but with a bit of a modern herby twist. www.simplybeglutenfree.co.uk
- 2 large eggs
- 85g all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried herbs de provence
- 130ml unsweetened almond milk
- 4 gluten free sausages
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into eight wedges
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Firstly make the batter by putting the eggs, flour, herbs, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and gradually whisk in the flour until well combined. Cover and put in the fridge for at least an hour before using.
- STEP 2When ready to make the toad in the hole, pre-heat your oven to 230.c, add the oil to your roasting tin and heat in the oven until smoking hot. Meanwhile cook your sausages according to packet instructions and set aside.
- STEP 3Pour the batter into the hot oiled roasting tin, add the sausages and wedges of onion and cook in the oven for 35 minutes until the batter has risen and is fully cooked through.
- STEP 4Serve with your choice of sides but personally i’d recommend lashings of gluten free gravy, mashed potato and tender stem broccoli. This recipe serves 2 but increase the quantities to suit how many people you need to feed! Enjoy….