Thai-inspired cauliflower soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
- 250g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (large) clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 stalk(s) of lemongrass, bruised with a spoon
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 4cm piece of fresh turmeric root/ 1 heaped tbsp of dried turmeric
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- a small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp of lime juice
- STEP 1In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Tip in the red onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- STEP 2Add cauliflower florets, turmeric and lemongrass. Stir well and cook for a further minute.
- STEP 3Add stock and coconut milk. Turn down the heat to medium, pop a lid on and let simmer for 20 minutes. (The soup needn't reach boiling point when you put the lid on.)
- STEP 4Remove lemongrass and discard. Blend the soup until completely smooth.
- STEP 5Add parsley and lime juice. Give a final stir and serve.