Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Vegetables tempura, poached duck egg, parmesan crisp and a truffle dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- A challenge
- Serves 4
This is a technical yet rewarding dish. I love it.
- 4 asparagus
- 2 baby leeks
- 4 baby carrots
- 4 radishes
- 100g parmesan
- 4 duck eggs
- 1 hen's egg yolk
- 50g truffle oil
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tbsp tarragon
- 5 tbsp flour
- 5 hen's egg yolks
- a dash of white wine vinegar
- 500ml vegetable oil
- STEP 1To make the vegetables tempura shave the vegetables finely. Into one bowl place the flour and in another one the eggs. First dip them in the flour and then the eggs.
- STEP 2For the crisp preheat the grill and shave the parmesan on a baking tray. Grill for a minute or 2 until golden brown and crispy.
- STEP 3For the duck egg preheat water until boiling and add a dash of white wine vinegar (not salt as this will ruin the egg). Poach the duck egg for three minutes.
- STEP 4To make the dressing whisk the hen's egg in a food processer and gradually add the truffle oil until it emulsifies into a mayonnaise. Now add the mustard and tarragon.
- STEP 5To cook the tempura, heat up the vegetable oil until very hot and add the vegetables until golden brown and crispy. Caution Hot oil is very dangerous. Do not leave unattended. It is wise to wear eye protection such as goggles.
- STEP 6To plate put truffle dressing on the bottom, top with the vegetables, duck egg and crisp.