Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An easy tasty dish perfect for family cooking good enough for entertaining.
- 2 Duck breasts
- 1 medium - large onion
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 jar of plum conserve
- 40ml of oyster sauce
- Your favourite pasta
- STEP 1Pre heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/ gas 7. Put the oil in a pan and heat. Place the duck breasts skin side down and cook for 6-8 minutes turning once.
- STEP 2Take the duck breast out of the pan - retaining the pan and juices, and place in a roasting dish, cover and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and add to the pan the duck had been in. Fry until soft and golden, season.
- STEP 4Once the onion is softened add the tin of tomatoes to the pan along with the conserve and the oyster sauce, stir well until the conserve is stirred through the sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
- STEP 5Once the duck has cooked remove from the oven (cool slightly if you need to) and carefully remove the skin and chop the breasts into small cubes. Add to the pan of onions and tomatoes along with the juices from the roasting pan.
- STEP 6Stir, cover and simmer for at least 60 minutes but longer if you have time. If towards the end of the cooking time the sauce is thin remove the cover, turn up the heat and boil down, but be careful not to dry the sauce out.
- STEP 7Cook the pasta according to the packet and when cooked stir through the sauce and serve.