Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sausage and Bean One-pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Sausage and white-bean one-pot stew.
- 2 packs of sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tins of cannellini or any white bean, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 400ml stock
- Olive oil
- A bunch of parsley, chopped
- STEP 1In a large pot, heat the oil and cook the sausage until they are good and brown - remove them from the pot for now until we bring them back to the party a little later.
- STEP 2Reduce the heat to medium and chuck the garlic in remaining oil and sausage drippings for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the beans, stirring them into the oil and garlic. Cover and let the flavours grow on each other for a few minutes. Then pour in the stock, add the bay leaves, season to taste and cover.
- STEP 3After a bit of time, about 5-7 minutes, when the beans are good and soft, mashed them up a bit. This will give a nice thickness to the stew, but don't over do it - you still want some whole beans in there. You can always add a bit of water or additional stock to get the consistency you want. Add the mustard and give it a good stir. When its all looking good, get the sausages back in there and give them a few minutes to warm up again and mingle with the other flavors.
- STEP 4Serve with some parsley.