Simple Berry Smoothie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This very simple, 140 calorie and super delicious smoothie should be a staple as either a breakfast or healthy snack.
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Berries
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Splash of water
- Honey to taste
- STEP 1Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse for a few seconds until blended slightly.
- STEP 2Blend on high for two minutes, or until very smooth. Add water until the mixture becomes thinner to taste. Add honey to taste also.
- STEP 3Once you have become familiar with the recipe, you can change it to taste. Add a few squares of dark chocolate for a richer taste, or add green vegetables such as spinach or kale for a more nourishing green smoothie. For a more filling breakfast, blend 1/4 to a 1/3 cup of rolled oats and let it sit for between 10 minutes to 24 hours before eating. This is best done the night before.