Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
sushi salmon bowls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
would also be lovely with cooked prawns, sliced raw mushrooms or avocado
- 200g wholegrain rice
- 250g frozen soya beans
- 3 tbsp Japanee rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 250g cucumber, finely sliced
- 100g radishes, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soya sauce
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 200g smoked salmon, sliced
- 4 nori sheets, finely shredded (fold the sheets and snip with scissors)
- 4 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- STEP 1Cook the rice according to pack instructions, adding the soya beans for the last 4 minutes of cooking time (make sure the water comes back to the boil and the beans simmer for at least a couple of minutes). Meanwhile, mix the rice vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Toss 1 tbsp of this mixture with the cucumber and radish in another bowl; season with salt and set aside.
- STEP 2When the rice is ready, drain and toss with another 1 tbsp vinegar-honey mixture, season with salt and leave to cool slightly, before dividing between 4 shallow bowls. Mix the remaining vinegar-honey mixture with the soya sauce and wasabi paste to make a dressing.
- STEP 3Top the rice with the smocked salmon, shredded nori and cucumber and radish mixture. Drizzle over the dressing, then scatter with the salad onions and sesame seed before serving.