Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple but tasty bolognese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Really simple recipe for Bolognese but packed with plenty of flavour. Easily split and frozen in portions - just as nice after freezing.
- 500g Mince
- 1 Large onion
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed / 1 tsp 'easy garlic'
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- Mixed herbs
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- STEP 1Add a small amount of oil to a frying pan / large saucepan
- STEP 2Add the mince to the pan and brown - Make sure to keep stirring, so the pan doesn't catch
- STEP 3Add the onion and the garlic to the pan until the onion starts to brown
- STEP 4Add the tin of tomatoes - I like to further chop the tomatoes down so it's more of tomato sauce whereas my mum prefers to keep them chunky, so it's all down to your preference
- STEP 5Season with salt & pepper, and the mixed herbs to taste - I like to add a generous amount, so you can see the herb flecks throughout the Bolognese but not so much it's all you taste
- STEP 6Add the vegetable stock and stir in
- STEP 7Add a generous dash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- STEP 8Add the lid to the saucepan / cover the frying pan (a baking tray works fine) and leave to simmer and reduce, until you have a thick Bolognese - this can take anywhere from 30-45 mins I have found