Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Low GI Leek & Sweet Potato Soup with Chilli & Coconut
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A quick and easy low GI soup that packs a bit of a punch!
- large onion
- red chilli
- 2 medium leeks
- 1.5lb sweet potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 - 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 tin reduced fat coconut milk
- chopped coriander
- STEP 1Soften chopped onion in 1tbsp olive oil.
- STEP 2Add chopped chilli, leeks & garlic and saute for a minute or so.
- STEP 3Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Add diced sweet potatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins.
- STEP 5Add coconut milk and season to taste.
- STEP 6Liquidise, if desired, and garnish with chopped coriander leaves to serve..