Fresh Lemon/Orange Curd
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
- Grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon/orange
- 3 oz (75g) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz (50g) butter
- STEP 1Grate the lemon/orange rind into a bowl and then extract the juice.
- STEP 2in another bowl, whisk the juice and eggs together, then pour this mixture over the sugar and combine.
- STEP 3Add the butter, cut into small cubes over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until thick and creamy and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- STEP 4Take off the heat and leave to cool before using as desired.