Chicken Tikka Masala
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An easy take on an indian classic, mild enough for the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 large jar shop bought tikka masala paste
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml water
- 150ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons mango chutney or sugar
- STEP 1Place a large pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and then fry the onions with the lid on for 10 minutes until soft.
- STEP 2Add the curry paste to the onions and fry for a further three minutes.
- STEP 3Add the diced chicken and fry until sealed, this should take about 10 minutes.
- STEP 4Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for five minutes until reduced.
- STEP 5Add the water and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- STEP 6Add the double cream and the mango chutney or sugar and simmer for five more minutes until combined and the cream has warmed through.
- STEP 7Serve with basmati rice and naan breads along with a dollop greek yogurt and mango chutney on the side for dipping.