Spiced aubergine tarte
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
Great vegetarian dish with lots of texture.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 2 aubergines, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 6 oz red lentils
- 8 oz Caerphilly cheese diced
- 10 oz filo pastry
- 2 oz melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 170 ( fan assisted).
- STEP 2Heat oil in large saucepan. Cook onions over low heat until softened. Stir in curry paste and cook for 2 mins.
- STEP 3Add aubergines and peppers. Cook until softened 10-15 mins. Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- STEP 4Meanwhile, put lentils into pan cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer until just soft. Drain and cool.
- STEP 5Combine le tils, cheese and aubergine mixture.
- STEP 6Using 2/3 of filo, line bottom and side of cake tin, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Let tem overhang rim of the tin. Spoon in the mixture. Brush the remaining filo with butter, crumple and arrange on top.
- STEP 7Bake for 40 mins until golden.
- STEP 8Serve hot accompanied with green salad.