Savoury Bread and Cheese Pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A savoury pudding made with white bread, eggs, Cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Quick and easy comfort food.
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- STEP 2Make 2 cheese sandwiches by placing cheese slice between 2 bread slices and pressing together. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and arrange in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- STEP 3Mix together beaten eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour mixture over sandwiches and sprinkle with grated cheese. (Note: Vary amounts if needed; sandwiches do not need to be totally covered in egg mixture, but egg should soak in and leave a little in the bottom of the dish.)
- STEP 4Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, checking frequently.