Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Nan's Country Lentil Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
Lovely warm thick country soup! Serve with thick white bread.
- Onion x1
- Garlic Cloves x 3-4
- Carrots x 3-4
- Bacon x 2-4 Rashers
- Red Lentils x 1 Cup
- Mixed Herbs 1tbs
- Chicken Stock x 1 Pint
- STEP 1Slice your onion and garlic, and sweat in a pan with butter. Next add the chopped carrots, and stir for 5 mins.
- STEP 2Add your chicken stock, mixed herbs and bacon and simmer for 40 mins, until carrots are soft.
- STEP 3Then add the cup of red lentils and cook until the lentils thicken. (20 mins)
- STEP 4Finally Blend with hand blender, seasoned and add a drop of cream.
- STEP 5Serve with warm thick country bread buttered!