Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Truffle Torte
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Nan's chocolate torte recipe, a favourite growing up
- 140 g Liquid glucose
- 570 ml Double cream
- 75 g Amaretti biscuits
- 5 tbsp Rum (optional)
- tsp Coco powder
- STEP 1Crush and sprinkle finely crushed Ameretti biscuit over the base of a 9 inch (23cm) spring form tin.
- STEP 2Put the chocolate, glucose and rum in a bowl and melt over a pan of water, remembering to stir frequently. Once it has all melted and mixed take off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes until warm.
- STEP 3Beat the cream until it has slightly thickened and fold in the chocolate mix a bit at a time ensuring it is mixed evenly. Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Cling film the top of the tin and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- STEP 4Run a palette knife around the edge of the tin and remove from the tin. Dust the top with coco powder and serve.