Quinoa, Coconut and Kale Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This recipe was inspired by a dish at one of my favourite local restaurants, asked for the recipe but was only given a basic list of ingredients so have been adapting with trial and error until I got this version which is pretty close to the original.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Red Thai curry paste
- 1 Large Carrot - 5mm dice
- 1 Red Onion - 5mm dice
- 1 Red Pepper - 5mm dice
- 3 Large Garlic `Cloves - Crushed
- 1 Tin Green Lentils
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 150g Kale - Chopped 5mm chunks
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground Tumeric
- Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- STEP 1Heat oil in a pan, add carrot, onion and pepper and fry gently.
- STEP 2Just as vegetables are starting to soften stir in the Thai curry paste and gently fry until the vegetables are soft.
- STEP 3Add garlic and fry for a further minute.
- STEP 4Add kale and gently fry until kale is wilted and soft.
- STEP 5Add tumeric, lentils and coconut milk, stir all ingredients together. Add some vegetable stock to loosen the mixture to the desired consistency. Simmer for 15 minutes, topping up with stock if required to get a nice creamy texture.
- STEP 6Add quinoa and season with salt and pepper, add more stock if required and simmer until quinoa is warmed through.