tomato twirls or spirals
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
this recipe makes about 12 delicious spirals, great for parties, picnics or a lunchtime treat! you can add anything you like to this recipe (try herbs, bacon or even chorizo) just make sure you don't fill it to much as it will spill out! instead of tomato puree you can also use pizza topping like pizza express (:
- 1 sheet shop-bought puff pastry
- flour for rolling
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 100g grated cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk (to glaze)
- STEP 1Roll out the pastry to a rectangle shape (use flour if it is a little sticky).
- STEP 2Spread with the tomato puree as if you were making a pizza. Sprinkle on the onions and the cheese.
- STEP 3Roll the sheet of pastry so it looks like a 'yule log'. Mark the pastry 1 finger space apart all along the log shape, then cut where you have marked.
- STEP 4Lay the swirls on a parchment-lined tray about 2cm away from each other and glaze with the milk.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven at 220 C / Gas 7 for about 20 minutes. Leave to cool and enjoy!!