Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- cooling time 15 mins
- Makes 16 flapjacks
These flapjacks are simple to make, easy to bake and delicious to eat!
- 175g Butter
- 175g Golden syrup
- 175g muscovado sugar
- 350g porridge oats
- 1/2 lemon, finely grated zest
- optional- teaspoon of ground Ginger
- optional- 2 handfuls of Raisens
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 150c/ gas 2. Line a 20cm/ 8 inch tin with baking parchment.
- STEP 2Melt the butter in a pan and once melted dip a brush into the butter and grease the baking tin with a little bit of it.
- STEP 3Add the golden syrup and the sugar to the butter and hat gently. Once the sugar has dissolved into the melted butter remove from the heat.
- STEP 4Add the porridge oats, lemon zest and ginger to the panand stir in so the oats are covered with the liquid fully. If you want to add raisins then drop in a couple of handfuls before putting the mixture into the baking tin and compress. Then bake in the oven for 40 mins.
- STEP 5Once cooked, leave to cool for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a chopping board and cut into squares.
- STEP 6ENJOY!