Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
White chocolate and hazelnut Blondies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 cakes
Yummy alternative to brownies. Can use different nuts, or omit the nuts completely.
- 125g unsalted softened butter
- 200g light soft brown sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 250g plain flour
- 1sp baking powder
- 200g chocolate chips/white chocolate roughly chopped
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square baking tin or individual tray bake pan.
- STEP 2Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and beat until well mixed. Add the white chocolate and the hazelnuts (leave some back to sprinkle on top) and stir together until combined. Pour the mixture in the tin and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with the remaining hazelnuts.
- STEP 3Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown. If using an individual tray bake tin then you will only need to bake for 25 minutes.
- STEP 4Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a metal rack to cool. Decorate with sifted using sugar. Or serve warm with caramel sauce for a delicious pudding.