Ana's Swiss Roll
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 1 swiss roll
If you need a great dessert and don't want to spend the whole day in the kitchen this is the your recipe.
- - 3 eggs
- - 75 g brown sugar
- - 75 g self raising flour
- - 75 g raspberry jam
- - 100 ml double cream
- - 50 g dark chocolate and 3 tbsp cream for decorating
- STEP 1In a bowl mix the eggs and the sugar until light and fluffy. Mix for at least 10 minutes until it doubles it's volume.
- STEP 2Sieve the flour and fold it in from top to bottom with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- STEP 3Line a baking tray (23 cm X 30 cm) with grease proof paper and pour in the mixture.
- STEP 4Bake in the center of the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 7-10 minutes of until golden.
- STEP 5When it's done line a flat surface with a damp clean tea towel and cover it with clingfilm. To avoid the cake sticking to the clingfilm sprinkle some icing sugar, flip the cake up side down on to the board and remove the greaseproof paper.
- STEP 6Spread the raspberry jam and a thin layer of cream leaving a bit of space on the edges. If you realize to late that you are out of raspberry jam, like I did :), you can use any jam you have (I used cherry).
- STEP 7Using the cling film and damp cloth roll the sponge carefully making sure not to brake it, remove the cling film and put it on a plate. You can serve it like this or melt the chocolate with 3 tbsp of cream and decorate as you prefer. I used a bit of the cream that I had left and then the chocolate.
- STEP 8Put in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate sets. ENJOY!!!