Wheatberries and Pepper Salad.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 3
Wheatberries are deliciously healthy, fusing perfectly with other delicate flavours in this easy dish, perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 1 cup wheatberries
- 4 cups water
- Aprox. 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 halves of a roasted red pepper, sliced to bite sized (I used jarred ones- karyatis roasted red peppers)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1Place the wheatberries and water in a non- stick pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally. Put the oil and onion in a frying pan and place over lowest heat, to caramelise, stirring with a wooden spoon when required.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, place the sliced tomatoes and peppers in the serving dish. When both the wheatberries and onions are cooked/caramelised, add to the serving dish and stir through. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a cold dish- either way's delicious!