Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Caesar salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
The easiest classic Caesar salad recipe. Great for vegetarians but meat lovers won't say no to this delicious mix of flavors. Ready in 15 minutes.
- 250g Romaine or cos lettuce
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread for croutons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 60g Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan
- 100ml Caesar dressing
- STEP 1Take lettuce apart leaf by leaf. Wash under cold water and dry with a kitchen towel. Chop into small slices. Add the chopped leaves to a large bowl.
- STEP 2Cut 2 slices of whole wheat bread into small cubes. Put them in a small bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Crush 1 clove of garlic with garlic crusher into the small bowl and stir well.
- STEP 3Place bread, oil and garlic into a frying pan and fry on high heat. When the croutons start to get brown, lower heat to medium. Stir and turn the croutons until they turn crunchy.
- STEP 4Cut Parmesan into thin slices. You can also grate the cheese. Leave some slices aside. Toss the Parmesan cheese with croutons into the large bowl with lettuce. Add 100ml of store brought Caesar dressing and stir well together.
- STEP 5Serve the salad into 2 bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.