- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick to make and tastes delicious
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely grated
- 2 inch square of ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 450g cubed chicken pieces
- 3 green chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan on a high heat. When the oil starts to smoke, reduce the heat and add the onions. Fry until the onions are soft and translucent.
- STEP 2Add the garlic and ginger, stir and continue to cook. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- STEP 3Add the dry spices and mix. If the mixture is dry add some more oil. Gently cook the spices for 2 minutes before you add the chicken.
- STEP 4Coat the meat well with the spices and cook through. Add the chillies, lime juice and pepper.
- STEP 5When the pepper begins to soften stir in the tomatoes and bring to the boil.. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickens to your liking.
- STEP 6Before serving, season well with salt and pepper and stir in half of the coriander. Garnish with the remaining coriander and service with rice.