Tomato, goat’s curd & basil salad with raspberry vinegar dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4
- 75g raspberries
- 100ml white balsamic vinegar
- 600g mixed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small bunch basil , leaves picked and any larger ones torn
- 200g goat’s curd or soft mild goat’s cheese, broken into large chunks
- 10g shelled unsalted pistachios , roughly chopped, to serve
For the dressing
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp raspberry vinegar (see step 1 of the method)
- STEP 1
Put the raspberries and vinegar in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Push the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discarding any seeds. Cover and transfer to the fridge until ready to use (the raspberry vinegar is best eaten fresh, but will keep in the fridge for a few days).
- STEP 2
Cut the tomatoes into wedges and arrange over a large serving platter. Make the dressing by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl and seasoning to taste.
- STEP 3
Season the tomatoes, then toss through the olive oil. Scatter over the basil leaves and goat’s curd. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then spoon over the dressing. Scatter over the pistachios just before serving.